whaaaa? nathan knows nothing?!

This is me in all my pasty whiteness.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Crazy Train People


Like i have stated in the past, i take the train to work. And really i dont mind taking it, it doesnt take too long and it saves me from rush hour traffic that i really dont like. But the people on the train can be pretty weird on occasion. Although i say crazy train people i think it applies to any form of public transit. Normally i bring my discman and my big "DJ style" headphones (i cant use the ear plugs because i've been physically abused in the ear) and just crank my music so i cant hear people talk and they are less likely to try to start up a conversation with me. Even if my batteries die i keep my headphones on to prevent fellow riders from talking to me. Today however i was discmanless... i had left it at the office on friday by accident so i was open to a conversation ambush. Sure enough some lady asked if she could sit beside me and i said sure and so she sat and she thanked me... i dont know why, the spot was empty it wasnt like i was hogging the seat or anything. Then she felt the need to tell me about why she was on the train (apparently she had a doctors appointment) Trying not to pry further details out of her i just kinda ignored her(should have played the "im asleep" card) So yeah she continued to ramble on about something or other and i got up because my stop was next... she then preceeded to thank me at least three more times for allowing her to sit in an unoccupied seat. Man train people can be weird... and gross... I also saw a guy sneeze into his hand and then just go back to holding onto the bar. Now im not a germ freak i dont mind holding onto the bar on the train but watching that made me remember to really wash my hands as soon as possible once off the train and not go ... oh i dont know.. eat popcorn first.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not T.R.U.S.T. ! ! !

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Dee said...

Nice use of Billy Maddison quote.

 
At 7:39 pm, Blogger kristen said...

I hear you with the strange transit people...I take the bus every day and there are some iiinnnteresting people that frequent the OC Transpo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home