whaaaa? nathan knows nothing?!

This is me in all my pasty whiteness.

Monday, December 18, 2006

back from houston.

All in all a good trip. here are some things that i did/saw/discovered.

- i like flying but i dont like airports. lines, security, 14 dollar tuna sandwiches (a bit of an exaggeration but not much)
- airplane food really isnt that good.
- having an expense account is really nice, especially when your boss tells you to eat well and just charge the company.
- texas beef cant touch alberta beef.
- what does it say when your hotel room is larger than your actual home?
- everything in texas IS bigger. i went running in a neighbourhood by my hotel and every single house was decorated... and not just a string of lights im talking 12 foot nutcrackers, herds of reindeer, and lots of those inflatable snow globes.
-the metric system is officially my best friend. do you know how big a "sack" is? how about how much one gallon of water weighs? or how many gallons are in a barrel. well i do now.
-if your going to go out for a drink, i much prefer paying 75 cents (american) to 5-6 dollars (canadian).
- many americans dont eat vegetables... every day we had a catered lunch and none of the american guys in my course had any vegetables...ever.
- when surrounded by texans for a week you will slowly but surely start talking like them.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:14 pm, Blogger Kirst said...

So do you have a drawl now? Is that how you spell it. Glad you had fun. See you tomorrow. Oh yeah call me about that.

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger Michael D said...

I understand about the large size pop and no veggies... when Lindsay and I were in Florida, so many people were overweight that I felt so good about myself.

 
At 8:09 am, Blogger kristen said...

No wonder there are so many metamucil commercials on american television ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home