whaaaa? nathan knows nothing?!

This is me in all my pasty whiteness.

Monday, November 06, 2006

escalators

i dont like them. actually i have nothing against escalators just the people that ride them. actually not even all people that ride them just the ones that stand on them from the bottom to the top and take up the entire width of the thing with their body so you cant pass... yes those people i do not like.

first of all the escalator in my building 87% of the time does not work (im pretty sure its purely run on hamster power and they have to replace the hamsters every week or so) and when a escalator breaks down it becomes stairs... and i think i would prefer stairs. when did we get so lazy that we need to take a break for 30 seconds and have something lift us a couple dozen stairs. and its not like handicapped people ride them... there is an elevator right near by for those who cant manage the escalator ( no stairs near by or id take those) argh. my little pet peeve for the day.

5 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate walking up stopped escalators - I have nothing against stairs, I often choose stairs over escalators - I just hate having to walk up the big steps when they are stopped. That's my escalator pet peeve.

 
At 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am pretty sure the escalator stairs are higher than regular stairs...so it may actually be more difficult to go up the escalator stairs...
(i'm a stair taker as well)

 
At 8:07 am, Blogger --Nathan-- said...

escalator stairs also angle back towards you making it harder to climb them than normal stairs... but common, isnt the escalator like the moving sidewalk in airports? its main function is to just speed you up not to give you a 30 second break.

 
At 9:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeeelpp....i'm trapped on an escalator....

 
At 9:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my dad went in for his heart surgery, the doctor said, "Let me guess. You run up a moving escalator, don't you?".

Take your time, Nathan.

I feel like I look like a dork walking up a stopped escalator, with those giant, slanted steps and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home