whaaaa? nathan knows nothing?!

This is me in all my pasty whiteness.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Im a little slow


For you that know me it probably isnt a shock that sometimes im a little slow on the up-take. There have been times when i laugh (or at least shake) uncontrollably at something someone said only to find out they were being serious. Or take something someone is saying seriously when they are joking around. Argh, i feel so stupid when someone catches me on it and have to fill me in that they were only kidding... then i try to act cool and tell them that i knew that they were and that i was just joking along with them. Whats worse is that with instant messaging and blogs its even harder to figure out if someone is being sarcastic or not... if you have the same problem as me, just know that i joke around 95 percent of the time and if you catch me during the other 5% dont blink because i'll be back being a goof in no time... well thats all for now, i have work to do... pfft its friday im totally kidding

actually im kidding that i was kidding i really do have work to do.

7 Comments:

At 8:21 pm, Blogger Kirst said...

Did something happen to you today to make you blog about that? Don't worry that happens to me all of the time. Actually maybe that doesn't make you feel better. Ah the bottom of the ladder together. At least we won't be lonely. Ha!

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

I too am interested as to what promted that post.
Because I am sarcastic, I read everything with that slant. Sometimes it causes trouble, but most times it just make everything funnier.
Joke on.

 
At 7:53 am, Blogger kristen said...

i hear south africa is a country...

I also find it hard to know what is sarcastic and what isn't. There needs to be some sort of internet symbol for sarcasm and for joking. With all of this electronic communication we all do, it is really easy to misunderstand.
(ok, so it can be hard in person sometimes too)

 
At 12:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are INDEED lots of misunderstandings with all this electronic posts... Maybe we should stop blogging and start phoning, chatting in real life to one another...

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger --Nathan-- said...

yeah i agree that we should talk more face to face or on the phone, i personally use blogging to talk about all the crap that wouldnt come up in general conversation.

what brought this post on was that in a period of probably 15 minutes i took my boss seriously when he was kidding around with me and then thought he was kidding when he was being serious.

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger Joy and Darrin said...

was he telling you to stop blogging on work time??

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger --Nathan-- said...

haha, no, he's on the net more than i am. the first incident was that he told me that i screwed up bad, and well i figured i'd stay on the safe side and go with him being serious rather than joking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home