whaaaa? nathan knows nothing?!

This is me in all my pasty whiteness.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

nathan the home owner??

Apparently!

I went out with my real estate agent today to go look at some homes and i guess things went pretty well. We went and looked at about a dozen places and a few really stood out. You know things are pretty stupid when your agent actually makes the comment "Wow this place has been the market for 10 days, i wonder whats wrong with it" None the less after we had looked at all the places he asked me if i wanted to make an offer on any of them.... so i did. And after about 20 minutes of negotiating i had myself a deal!!

The place is pretty small only about 550 sq feet but that suits me just fine. The whole place has been redone, new floors new paint new bathroom new kitchen. Even the building is getting renovated... hopefully that will be done in the near future. The little condo is right near downtown so i'll be able to walk to work.

AHHH this is too crazy, in a month i'll be on my own... scary.

14 Comments:

At 9:27 am, Blogger kristen said...

congrats!!!
you'll have to email us with the actual location...(and hopefully we'll get to see some pictures too!)

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger Dee said...

Wow! Congratulations Nathan! I can't believe it happened that fast for you! That's awesome!

 
At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new space.

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Nicely done! Hopefully you don't get too lonely!

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger kris said...

Congratulations. Have you registered at the Bay yet for your upcoming house-warming party?

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger --Nathan-- said...

i have yet to register... maybe i should.

ahh, still waiting on the mortgage stuff to go through, which makes things stressful. So i guess technically i dont have a house yet, it could all fall through. So hard to get ahold of the mortgage broker... she is so going to be kicked out of my crime fighting team.

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Fred and Wendy said...

Nathan you will never be alone - Jesus is always with you! (now isn't that something you thought your pastor would say?)

 
At 9:01 pm, Blogger --Nathan-- said...

Yeah i know i wont be alone alone, and besides im still going to be in calgary. It's not as if im moving far away .... like to ottawa.

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger Fred and Wendy said...

yeah - hot muggy Ottawa! Who would live there?

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger Michael D said...

Congrats Nathan!

And I thought you were going to come to Bridlewood. Oh well... there is still time in the future!

Don't let the mortgage people stress you out... they like keeping you on the edge.

 
At 11:19 am, Blogger --Nathan-- said...

Actually i heard back from my broker, and apparently the banks are making an "exception" for me. (they dont really want to take my money but they are willing to do it for me because im special.)

Yeah i actually looked at a couple places down in the Bridalwood area but nothing really grabbed my attention... especially since i wanted to be near downtown it would have had to been spectacular.

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger kristen said...

ottawa--who would live there or who would WANT to live there...hmmm. I have to say, I don't love it, but at least I've met a few nice people that are making it more fun.

so they are taking your money and locking you in?

 
At 8:24 pm, Blogger Fred and Wendy said...

Whatever you do don't leave your dell laptop on overnight in your new condo! Poof....!

 
At 11:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ottawa is far away!

Congrats. I look forward to seeing pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home